|digital art by Renjith Krishnan|
- If you need a primer about the census, 1940census provides a great overview and image of the forms used.
- Or why not go directly to the source and learn more about the census from the U.S. Census Bureau (terrific discussion of the 1940 Census Records as well as a nifty countdown clock!).
- As usual, Randy Seaver was way ahead of the curve ~ his Saturday Night Genealogy Fun for April 2, 2011 posted information about the release of the 1940 Census and asked us to post about which ancestors we would be searching for in the 1940 Census and where they were living on Census Day (hint ~ he told us to check city directories or telephone books and to make a list of those for whom you had an address and those that you needed to find addresses for). Did you engage in SNGF back then? Perhaps we should revisit that mission soon ~ why not read Randy Seaver’s post discussing SNGF & the 1940 Census.
- Want a tutorial to walk you through the process of locating a person in the 1940 Census? Check out Plan Now for the 1940 U.S. Census at Susan’sGenealogy Blog.
- And for those of you planning ahead, on Wednesday March 7 2012 Thomas MacEntee will present Are You Ready for the 1940 US Census Images? through Legacy Family Tree webinars – why not sign up now.