~Today's prompt is brought to you by the letter H ~
Let's get outside of ourselves today ~ let's HELP someone else with their genealogy. Some ideas to get you started:
- Is there a cemetery in your area that someone has requested photos and/or transcriptions ~ could you help them out and post the information on-line?
- Is there a church in your area that could use some help responding to genealogical inquiries about their records?
- Is there a genealogy society that needs help with indexing or updating their web presence?
- Is there someone in a local retirement home or at your church who should be interviewed about their life and times ~ could you help your community by recording their stories?
- Is there someone you know who is stymied or has hit a brick wall with their research? Perhaps fresh eyes could provide a helping hand and some additional research possibilities.
I am a firm believer in karma, you know that "what goes around, comes around" thing. Today why not perform a small act of genealogical kindness for someone else for no other reason that it's the right thing to do. Who knows, perhaps one day in the future, you will be the recipient of a small act of genealogical kindness yourself.
(photo by digital artist Simon Howden and made available by FreeDigitalPhotos.net ~ thanks)