~ Today's prompt is brought to you by the letter V~
First, the excuses:
- You have thought about it and plan to look for something you might enjoy doing
- You are busy right now but when you have a little bit of time, you plan to schedule something
- You don't have much time to devote to it, so it probably would not make any difference
- You would love to do it but you are home-bound
Now, the solutions:
- Today spend a bit of time noodling around at FamilySearch.org or Ancestry.com or your local genealogical or historical society's website - check out the volunteer opportunities, especially indexing records
- Today take a look at your schedule ~ do you have an hour or two to devote to volunteering ~ sometime during your week?
- Every little bit helps in the volunteering department ~ an hour a week is 52 hours over the course of a year!
- If you have a computer and access to the Internet you can volunteer to index from home, write or edit a society newsletter, write an article or blog for your society, or perform genealogy research
We all know we should, we all know we could ~ so let's just do it ~ VOLUNTEER!
There are so many opportunities and so many options to volunteer ~ there truly is something for every interest.
If you haven't yet volunteered, consider this your written invitation ~ join us ~ do something to help out our genealogy community, you will be glad you did.
If you currently volunteer ~ on behalf of all of us who receive the benefit of your generosity ~ THANKS and keep up the good works!