Monday, March 25, 2019

2019 A-Z Challenge - People, Places & Things



Although I am getting started a bit late, I decided to take part in the A-Z Challenge this year. You might be asking why? Well, I have a few reasons. 

  • first, it is the tenth anniversary of this challenge and lots of bloggers want to be part of the event, 
  • second, you may have noticed that this blog has been sadly neglected and I thought why not throw myself into a month of blogging to get the old blogging blood flowing again,  
  • third, I have spent the last couple of weeks downloading (saving) my LVUG Community from Google+ and importing it into Blogger. During the clean up process, I realized how much I enjoyed blogging and sharing my genealogy - whether I'm writing about family, technology, resources and records, research trips, or learning opportunities, and
  • fourth, I thought it would be a great opportunity to write about people, places, and things that make up my Newfoundland connection.
All during the month of April, please come back to learn a bit about the Keough connection - family surnames for those who married in and those who married out (the people), where they lived in Ireland and Newfoundland (the places), and  records, documents and resources (the things) I use to learn more about my people.

I have been hard at work documenting and reconstructing the various families to piece together my grandfather's native community of Plate Cove East (my one-place study). If you have connections with Newfoundland, specifically the Bonavista South region, perhaps we have some family in common and you can help with those connections. If you are just starting to research your Newfoundland ancestors, perhaps some of my posts will help you. In any event whether you are new to Newfoundland research or an old hand at it,  please share in the comments section below so we can learn from each other.

So, come back next Monday and let's get started!

1 comment:

  1. Great theme and I'm loving your graphics.
    Pauleen
    https://cassmob.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome - thanks for sharing - just so you know, all comments are moderated.