Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Y is for Yuletide



Today Yuletide refers to the Christmas season. However Yuletide was originally a celebration of a pre-Christian festival associated with the winter solstice. I am guessing that my ancestors way back celebrated Yuletide as we have both the Scandinavian and Celtic traditions as branches in our family tree.

Do you list celebrations as events or facts in your family file? I plan to add Yuletide (Christmas) and perhaps a few others as this would be a great place to list what our traditions for the holiday are and how we celebrate it. And maybe while I am at it, I will try and talk the family into celebrating the Winter Solstice - the week long festival celebrating "the return of the sun."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome - thanks for sharing - just so you know, all comments are moderated.